Labels

.Churchyard.

This isn't finished yet but
I wanted to put it out there,
let it get some dust and come back to it.

.Churchyard.

Sometime after running from some minor felony,
I jumped a wall and lost them,
found myself hiding behind a tombstone,
soberly watching a family mourning a loss.
They swaying in the rain

like wilted flowers in the wind.
One last showing of the coffin

crashed waves of pain over them all-
but not me, I was the hidden shadow,
shamed by witnessing these peoples grief-

then I saw her and began to cry,
they did not judge me, they understood.
I fell in love with a dead girl.
Her beauty blossomed in death.

3 comments:

Monika said...

I fell in love with a dead girl.
Her beauty blossomed in death.

you have some great lines!

Unknown said...

Johnny Lydon would be proud... *cries a little*

Osoneye said...

Who ate all the pies?!